The National Committee for Quality Assurance developed HEDIS® (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set) as a framework for health plans to collect, analyze and report identical performance measurements each year.
Why HEDIS Is Important
- Ensures health plans are offering quality preventive care and service to Members
- Allows for a true comparison of the performance of health plans by consumers and employers
- Identifies noncompliant Members to ensure they receive necessary screenings and treatment
Through AvMed.org, you have access to a number of HEDIS resources:
- Care Opportunity Reports
- HEDIS Measure Provider Matrix
- HEDIS Encounter Coding Guide
- Quality Stars Measure Reminder
To take advantage of these resources, log into AvMed.org today.