Part A: Hospital Insurance
What is Medicare Part A?
Part A covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
What will it cost me?
Part A Premium (2018):
Most people don't pay a monthly premium for Part A (sometimes called "premium-free Part A"). If you buy Part A, you'll pay up to $422 each month. If you paid Medicare taxes for less than 30 quarters, the standard Part A premium is $422. If you paid Medicare taxes for 30-39 quarters, the standard Part A premium is $227.
Part A hospital inpatient deductible and coinsurance (2018):
- $1,340 deductible for each benefit period
- Days 1-60: $0 coinsurance for each benefit period
- Days 61-90: $335 coinsurance per day of each benefit period
- Days 91 and beyond: $670 coinsurance per each "lifetime reserve day" after day 90 for each benefit period (up to 60 days over your lifetime)
- Beyond lifetime reserve days: all costs
For more complete information, visit www.medicare.gov.
AvMed Medicare is an HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment in AvMed Medicare depends on contract renewal.
Address: 9400 S. Dadeland Blvd. Miami, FL 33156
Prospective Members: 888-492-8633 (TTY 711)
Current Members: 800-782-8633 (TTY 711)
October 1–February 14, 8 am-8 pm, 7 days a week.
February 15–September 30, 8 am-8 pm, Monday-Friday; 9 am- 1pm on Saturday.
H1016_AD781-092017 CMS Approved. Last updated October 1, 2017.