Skilled Nursing Facility Program
The AvMed Skilled Nursing/Acute Rehabilitation Transition Program works closely with our Members who have been admitted to or discharged from a SNF or Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation facility to prevent a readmission back to the hospital. By participating in our program, an AvMed Skilled Nursing/Acute Rehabilitation Transitions Nurse will assist with you with your transition to home after your discharge. There is no cost for the program and it is confidential.
How does the Skilled Nursing Facility/Acute Rehabilitation Transition program work?
We will work with you to:
- Define your needs and goals
- Assist you with arranging your appointment with your PCP
- Review the medications you should be taking after your discharge
- Assist you with obtaining the services you need after your discharge
- Make proactive plans to prevent readmission to the hospital
- Provide you with health information
How was I chosen to be in a program?
When are program services available? What are the hours of the program?
What if I need assistance after 5 pm?
Where do I find more information about this program?
What if I’m not sure I want to be in a program?
How can I give feedback on the program?
You can give us your feedback by calling Member Support at 800.882.8633, TTY: <711>, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.