Skilled Nursing Facility Program
The AvMed Skilled Nursing/Acute Rehabilitation Transition Program works closely with our Members who have been admitted to or discharged from a SNF or Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation facility to prevent a readmission back to the hospital. By participating in our program, an AvMed Skilled Nursing/Acute Rehabilitation Transitions Nurse will assist with you with your transition to home after your discharge. There is no cost for the program and it is confidential.
Skilled Nursing Facility/Acute Rehabilitation Transition staff are available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling Member Support at 800.882.8633, TTY: <711>, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the Skilled Nursing Facility/Acute Rehabilitation Transition program work?
We will work with you to:
- Define your needs and goals
- Assist you with arranging your appointment with your PCP
- Review the medications you should be taking after your discharge
- Assist you with obtaining the services you need after your discharge
- Make proactive plans to prevent readmission to the hospital
- Provide you with health information
How was I chosen to be in a program?
When are program services available? What are the hours of the program?
What if I need assistance after 5 pm?
Where do I find more information about this program?
What if I’m not sure I want to be in a program?
How can I give feedback on the program?
You can give us your feedback by calling Member Support at 800.882.8633, TTY: <711>, or by emailing email@example.com.