From online to on TV. Find the latest AvMed news here.
Read our latest press releases and news articles here. For more information, members of the media can contact Corey Miller, Director of Communications and Public Relations, 813.802.8420 or email@example.com.
Current Press Releases
- Broward Bike Share Program Transforms from Blue to "Sunny" Yellow
Ft. Lauderdale, FL – December 15, 2016 – AvMed marks programs' fifth anniversary by sponsoring program, encouraging healthy living.
- AvMed to Florida: Stop thinking “AFFLUENT” and start thinking “WELLfluent”
Miami, FL – October 11, 2016 – Can a middle class family be “rich?” One of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans believes that really depends upon your definition.
- AvMed Names Repp President and Chief Operating Officer
Miami, FL – October 4, 2016 – With nearly 25 years of health benefits experience across national and regional plans, Repp assumes overall responsibility and accountability for AvMed’s strategic execution, membership growth, and operating performance.
- AvMed "going mobile" to feed South Florida.
Miami, FL – September 8, 2016 – The health plan that encourages its Members to eat healthy in order to live healthy is bringing its message to the South Florida communities it serves.
- Miami-Dade Parks' Summer Campers celebrate the Morning Mile and End-of Summer Bash, July 26-29, 2016, at Tropical Park Equestrian Center
Miami, FL – August 2, 2016 – Nearly 3,000 children demonstrated their inner "superhero" as they enjoyed walking/running the Morning Mile, waterslides, bounce houses, competitive games, and fitness challenges.
- How the Morning Mile® changed the lives of two Miami-Dade Parks' summer campers
Miami, FL – July14, 2016 – Morning Mile, sponsored by AvMed, celebrates five years at Miami-Dade Parks' summer camps at End-of-Summer Bash, July 26, Tropical Park Equestrian Center.
- AvMed's Healthyperks rewards Medicare Members for taking charge of their health
Miami, FL – May 31, 2016 – As part of our continuing commitment to better health, AvMed has introduced Healthyperks, a program which rewards Medicare Members for completing preventive healthcare activities.
- AvMed targeting healthcare costs with user-friendly transparency tools
Miami, FL – April 13, 2016 – At a time when costs for the exact same quality medical services such as MRI, CT scans or lab tests vary significantly, even within the same zip code, AvMed has announced the launch of two innovative tools that simplify the shopping process.
- High five! AvMed still ranks highest in Member satisfaction
Miami, FL – March 17, 2016 – For the fifth year in a row, an independent study released by J.D. Power ranks AvMed “highest in member satisfaction” among health plans in Florida.
- AvMed "puts the rubber to the road" with BIKE305 Bike to Work Day
Miami, FL – March 2, 2016 – AvMed is putting rubber to the road to promote healthy lifestyles with its sponsorship of Miami-Dade County’s Fourth Annual BIKE305 Bike to Work Day.
- AvMed Joins ACHP
Washington, D.C. – February 16, 2016 – AvMed has joined the Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP), the organization representing nonprofit, national leaders in health care quality announced today.
- AvMed Medicare Member “Focus” of 9th Annual Positive Living Awards
Miami, FL – December 23, 2015 – As one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, AvMed is proud to recognize Medicare Member Saul Friess, winner of this year’s Positive Living Award in the category of Animal/Wildlife.
- AvMed Helps Miami-Dade Parks' "Active Older Adults" Recharge the Healthy Way
Miami, FL – October 27, 2015 – AvMed is adding a “charge” to Miami-Dade Parks’ Active Older Adults program this fall to help its participants refuel after their workouts.
- AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks Kick Start a Summer of Play with a Mile a Day
Miami, FL – June 25, 2015 – AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks are kicking off a summer of play, one morning mile at a time. Watch video here.
- Miami-Dade Parks to Run with AvMed Through 2016
Expanded Agreement Includes Fitness Programs for Kids, Adults and Seniors
Miami, FL – June 2, 2015 – On foot, on bike, in the senior centers and in the communities, Miami-based AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks will work together again to keep South Florida fit.
- AvMed Adds to Member Experience with Health and Wellness Values from ChooseHealthy
Miami, FL – April 1, 2015 – As part of its mission to help Members live healthier, AvMed, a Florida not-for-profit health plan, now offers the ChooseHealthy® health and wellness values program to each of its 315,000 Members.
- Four for Florida! AvMed Ranks Highest in Member Satisfaction… Again
Miami, FL – March 12, 2015 – For a fourth consecutive year, a study released by J.D. Power ranks AvMed “highest in member satisfaction” in Florida.