Accessibility Services and Resources
For individuals with disabilities or limited English proficiency, we provide the following free communication services when calling AvMed:
- Over-the-phone interpretation
- Teletype (TTY) services
Also, free written materials are available upon request in languages other than English, and in alternative formats including and not limited to braille, large print, and accessible PDF.
We are continuously improving our digital experiences in order to meet or exceed universal design best practices and Web accessibility standards. To meet this commitment AvMed has adopted Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 A/AA on the text version of the website.
We strive to provide accessible Web experiences by:
- Having our content and navigation easy to view
- Making it easy to interact using a mouse, keyboard, touch screen, and/or audio
- Offering text alternatives for visuals
- Aiding in using assistive technologies to navigate and access content
- Supporting the use of native accessibility features on mobile devices