Read our latest news updates and press releases here. For more information, members of the media can contact Jaime Alfaro, Director of Marketing Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the most up-to-date information below from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) in regards to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
If you have any questions regarding your Member Benefits, please contact our Member Engagement team at the appropriate number listed below Monday-Friday from 8 am-8 pm; Saturday 9 am-1 pm:Group Members – 1-800-882-8633 (TTY 711)
Medicare Members – 1-800-782-8633 (TTY 711)
Individual Health Members – 1-800-477-8768 (TTY 711)
List of Current Press Releases
- AvMed Presents LIVE! from the Broward Center of the Performing Arts
Miami, FL – June 18, 2020 – AvMed is doing its part to help the community stay connected and engaged while social distancing due to COVID-19 by launching AvMed Presents LIVE! from the Broward Center for the Performing Arts.
- AvMed Takes Proactive Action in Response to COVID-19
Miami, FL – May 21, 2020 – AvMed is taking proactive action in response to the COVID-19 pandemic by continuing to increase access to care and removing potential cost barriers for its Members.
- AvMed Expands Access to Care for COVID-19
Miami, FL – April 6, 2020 – AvMed is providing healthcare services and resources to its Members to help address the spread and impact of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- AvMed Honored by State Senator Annette Taddeo with Business of the Month Award
Miami, FL – December 19, 2019 – AvMed, one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, celebrates its 50th anniversary year with a Business of the Month award by State Senator Annette Taddeo.
- AvMed Ranked Highest in Member Satisfaction Study in Florida for Eighth Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 9, 2019 – For the eighth consecutive year an independent study released by J.D. Power ranks AvMed "highest in Member satisfaction" among commercial health plans in Florida.
- AvMed Welcomes Esteemed Healthcare Executives to Executive Leadership Team
Miami, FL – April 29, 2019 – Miami-based AvMed, today announced two healthcare executives have joined the executive leadership team in support of the company's strategy to deliver best-in-class service to their Members.
- SantaFe HealthCare Announces Lawrence Schreiber as President and CEO
Miami, FL – April 15, 2019 – SantaFe HealthCare today announced Lawrence (Larry) Schreiber, an accomplished healthcare executive with over 30 years of experience, has been named president and CEO.
- Colonial Drive Park fitness court made possible by AvMed Outdoors program
Miami, FL – February 25, 2019 – Colonial Drive Park has installed a new fitness court, a one-stop-spot where people can get an exhilarating gym-style workout while getting a dose of nature-therapy, all at no cost.
- AvMed Shines in Member Satisfaction Study for Seventh Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 10, 2018 – An independent study released by J.D. Power this week ranks AvMed “highest in Member satisfaction” among commercial health plans in Florida.
- March Is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Miami, FL – March 28, 2018 – The colorectal cancer rate has been going down the past two decades and AvMed, along with the American Cancer Society is working to bring awareness to this disease.
- AvMed Renews Support for Annual Healthcare & Senior Services Conference to benefit the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
Miami, FL – February 14, 2018 – AvMed, along with other major health plans and senior service providers, will gather at Jungle Island for the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties’ annual Healthcare and Senior Services Conference, featuring professional networking opportunities and breakouts on the topics of Elder Abuse and Ethics; Accessing Community Resources; and Technology and the Aging Population.