From online to on TV. Find the latest AvMed news here.
Read our latest press releases and news articles here. For more information, members of the media can contact Jaime Alfaro, Director of Marketing Communications, email@example.com.
Current Press Releases
- AvMed Shines in Member Satisfaction Study for Seventh Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 10, 2018 – An independent study released by J.D. Power this week ranks AvMed “highest in Member satisfaction” among commercial health plans in Florida.
- March Is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Miami, FL – March 28, 2018 – The colorectal cancer rate has been going down the past two decades and AvMed, along with the American Cancer Society is working to bring awareness to this disease.
- AvMed Renews Support for Annual Healthcare & Senior Services Conference to benefit the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
Miami, FL – February 14, 2018 – AvMed, along with other major health plans and senior service providers, will gather at Jungle Island for the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties’ annual Healthcare and Senior Services Conference, featuring professional networking opportunities and breakouts on the topics of Elder Abuse and Ethics; Accessing Community Resources; and Technology and the Aging Population.
- AvMed and Miami-Dade County Commissioners join Miami-Dade Parks’ summer campers for a Morning Mile® ‘fun-run’
Miami, FL – July 11, 2017 – Summer is in full swing and children are staying active at Miami-Dade Parks’ summer camps where they start each day walking or running the Morning Mile®, sponsored by AvMed.
- Let's Get WELLfluent: Music as Medicine?
Miami, FL – May 4, 2017 – Local event explores how music can enhance and support a healthy lifestyle.
- AvMed Rides Offers Free Bike Rentals in Broward County
Ft. Lauderdale, FL – May 1, 2017 – Looking to burn some calories and enjoy the South Florida landscape? Broward County's bike share program, AvMed Rides powered by Broward B-cycle, is offering free 60-minute rides on May 20.
- Broward Bike Share Program Transforms from Blue to "Sunny" Yellow
Ft. Lauderdale, FL – December 15, 2016 – AvMed marks programs' fifth anniversary by sponsoring program, encouraging healthy living.
- AvMed to Florida: Stop thinking “AFFLUENT” and start thinking “WELLfluent”
Miami, FL – October 11, 2016 – Can a middle class family be “rich?” One of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans believes that really depends upon your definition.
- AvMed Names Repp President and Chief Operating Officer
Miami, FL – October 4, 2016 – With nearly 25 years of health benefits experience across national and regional plans, Repp assumes overall responsibility and accountability for AvMed’s strategic execution, membership growth, and operating performance.
- AvMed "going mobile" to feed South Florida.
Miami, FL – September 8, 2016 – The health plan that encourages its Members to eat healthy in order to live healthy is bringing its message to the South Florida communities it serves.
- Miami-Dade Parks' Summer Campers celebrate the Morning Mile and End-of Summer Bash, July 26-29, 2016, at Tropical Park Equestrian Center
Miami, FL – August 2, 2016 – Nearly 3,000 children demonstrated their inner "superhero" as they enjoyed walking/running the Morning Mile, waterslides, bounce houses, competitive games, and fitness challenges.
- How the Morning Mile® changed the lives of two Miami-Dade Parks' summer campers
Miami, FL – July14, 2016 – Morning Mile, sponsored by AvMed, celebrates five years at Miami-Dade Parks' summer camps at End-of-Summer Bash, July 26, Tropical Park Equestrian Center.
- AvMed's Healthyperks rewards Medicare Members for taking charge of their health
Miami, FL – May 31, 2016 – As part of our continuing commitment to better health, AvMed has introduced Healthyperks, a program which rewards Medicare Members for completing preventive healthcare activities.
- AvMed targeting healthcare costs with user-friendly transparency tools
Miami, FL – April 13, 2016 – At a time when costs for the exact same quality medical services such as MRI, CT scans or lab tests vary significantly, even within the same zip code, AvMed has announced the launch of two innovative tools that simplify the shopping process.
- AvMed "puts the rubber to the road" with BIKE305 Bike to Work Day
Miami, FL – March 2, 2016 – AvMed is putting rubber to the road to promote healthy lifestyles with its sponsorship of Miami-Dade County’s Fourth Annual BIKE305 Bike to Work Day.
- AvMed Joins ACHP
Washington, D.C. – February 16, 2016 – AvMed has joined the Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP), the organization representing nonprofit, national leaders in health care quality announced today.
- AvMed Medicare Member “Focus” of 9th Annual Positive Living Awards
Miami, FL – December 23, 2015 – As one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, AvMed is proud to recognize Medicare Member Saul Friess, winner of this year’s Positive Living Award in the category of Animal/Wildlife.
- AvMed Helps Miami-Dade Parks' "Active Older Adults" Recharge the Healthy Way
Miami, FL – October 27, 2015 – AvMed is adding a “charge” to Miami-Dade Parks’ Active Older Adults program this fall to help its participants refuel after their workouts.
- AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks Kick Start a Summer of Play with a Mile a Day
Miami, FL – June 25, 2015 – AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks are kicking off a summer of play, one morning mile at a time.
- Miami-Dade Parks to Run with AvMed Through 2016
Expanded Agreement Includes Fitness Programs for Kids, Adults and Seniors
Miami, FL – June 2, 2015 – On foot, on bike, in the senior centers and in the communities, Miami-based AvMed and Miami-Dade Parks will work together again to keep South Florida fit.
- AvMed Adds to Member Experience with Health and Wellness Values from ChooseHealthy
Miami, FL – April 1, 2015 – As part of its mission to help Members live healthier, AvMed, a Florida not-for-profit health plan, now offers the ChooseHealthy® health and wellness values program to each of its 315,000 Members.