From online to on TV. Find the latest AvMed news here.
Read our latest press releases and news articles here. For more information, members of the media can contact Jaime Alfaro, Director of Marketing Communications, email@example.com.
Current Press Releases
- AvMed Honored by State Senator Annette Taddeo with Business of the Month Award
Miami, FL – December 19, 2019 – AvMed, one of Florida’s oldest and largest not-for-profit health plans, celebrates its 50th anniversary year with a Business of the Month award by State Senator Annette Taddeo.
- AvMed Ranked Highest in Member Satisfaction Study in Florida for Eighth Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 9, 2019 – For the eighth consecutive year an independent study released by J.D. Power ranks AvMed "highest in Member satisfaction" among commercial health plans in Florida.
- AvMed Welcomes Esteemed Healthcare Executives to Executive Leadership Team
Miami, FL – April 29, 2019 – Miami-based AvMed, today announced two healthcare executives have joined the executive leadership team in support of the company's strategy to deliver best-in-class service to their Members.
- SantaFe HealthCare Announces Lawrence Schreiber as President and CEO
Miami, FL – April 15, 2019 – SantaFe HealthCare today announced Lawrence (Larry) Schreiber, an accomplished healthcare executive with over 30 years of experience, has been named president and CEO.
- Colonial Drive Park fitness court made possible by AvMed Outdoors program
Miami, FL – February 25, 2019 – Colonial Drive Park has installed a new fitness court, a one-stop-spot where people can get an exhilarating gym-style workout while getting a dose of nature-therapy, all at no cost.
- AvMed Shines in Member Satisfaction Study for Seventh Year in a Row
Miami, FL – May 10, 2018 – An independent study released by J.D. Power this week ranks AvMed “highest in Member satisfaction” among commercial health plans in Florida.
- March Is National Colorectal Cancer Awareness Month
Miami, FL – March 28, 2018 – The colorectal cancer rate has been going down the past two decades and AvMed, along with the American Cancer Society is working to bring awareness to this disease.
- AvMed Renews Support for Annual Healthcare & Senior Services Conference to benefit the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties
Miami, FL – February 14, 2018 – AvMed, along with other major health plans and senior service providers, will gather at Jungle Island for the Alliance for Aging of Miami-Dade and Monroe Counties’ annual Healthcare and Senior Services Conference, featuring professional networking opportunities and breakouts on the topics of Elder Abuse and Ethics; Accessing Community Resources; and Technology and the Aging Population.