Preventive Health Support
Part of keeping you healthy is helping to make sure you don't get sick in the first place. In addition to offering incentives with fitness, nutrition and general wellness programs, AvMed takes an active role in keeping you updated on immunizations and screenings based on your age and gender.
- Vaccination reminders, such as yearly flu shots
- Recommendations on screening for cancers like breast, prostate and more
- Free quarterly members magazine with tips and ideas
Preventive Care and Clinical Guidelines
Find information related to clinical and preventive health practice; important resources for all health care professionals who care for AvMed Members.
Accessibility Standards for PCPs and Specialists
Medical Records Standards
Screening & Immunization Guidelines
Find recommendations below for how often you should be screened for certain conditions at age 65 and up.
Adult Preventive Care Recommendations
Getting Your Flu Shot
Getting a yearly flu shot protects you and those around you from getting sick. Best of all, your Medicare plan covers one shot per flu season. At AvMed, we urge our Medicare Members to get annual flu shots and practice preventive measures like:
- Wash your hands
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Stay home when you’re sick
- Clean frequently touched surfaces
- Talk to your doctor to get more information about yearly flu shots