Corporate Facts At A Glance
- AvMed is a Florida-based health plan headquartered in Miami with regional offices in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville and Orlando. Approximately 230,000 Members count on AvMed for their Employer Group, Medicare and Individual and Family plan coverage.
- Members have the support of nearly 500 employee Associates and a 35,000 plus strong Provider Network.
- AvMed transforms lives to create a WELLfluent™ world – having or striving to have a truly balanced life, rich in what matters most-health and happiness. By uniting around this sole purpose over our 50-year history, we’re focused on servicing the needs of our Members who have made it their goal to lead a happy and healthy life. Whether you’re healthy already and trying to stay that way, or managing a chronic condition, AvMed is your lifelong partner in health.
- AvMed provides peace of mind by offering healthcare plans, online tools, value added services and solutions that deliver better service, quality, affordability and health.
- AvMed offers a variety of affordable coverage solutions for businesses of all sizes in most major metropolitan areas of the state, including self-funded options.*
- J. D. Power ranked AvMed “Highest in Member Satisfaction among Commercial Health Plans in Florida, Eight Years in a Row.”** AvMed topped the region in the following study factors: cost, provider choice, customer service and billing and payment.
- In an annual survey of Florida physicians, AvMed consistently comes out ahead of all other plans, while 9 out of 10 say they recommend us to their patients and peers. ***
- Year after year, AvMed receives the highest overall rating of any statewide Florida plan in the Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Study (CAHPS®).****
- AvMed measures its performance each year against the National Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®), developed by NCQA. AvMed’s already strong 2018 performance improved in 61% of the commercial accreditation measures and in 60% of the measures for Medicare.*****
- AvMed Medicare Star Power continues with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) awarding AvMed Medicare 4 out of 5 stars for its quality and performance.****** That’s quite an accomplishment in the competitive Medicare Advantage health plan arena.
- AvMed’s holding company, Gainesville-based SantaFe HealthCare, Inc., is a family of not-for-profit companies with more than 1,900 employee Associates. In addition to AvMed, SantaFe operates Haven of North Central Florida, Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice of the Florida Keys, and SantaFe Senior Living, which offers unique, luxury campuses in Gainesville, as well as the metropolitan areas in Miami and Naples areas.
* One or more AvMed products offered in areas shaded in yellow.
** AvMed received the highest score in Florida in the J.D. Power 2012-2019 U.S. Member Health Plan Studies of customers’ satisfaction with their commercial health plan. Visit jdpower.com/awards.
*** Wax Communications, 2018.
**** Highest overall rating of statewide plans reporting Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and Point of Service (POS) product data to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
***** HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
****** Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.