Corporate Facts At A Glance
- AvMed has been serving Floridians for nearly 50 years.
- More than 290,000 plus Members count on AvMed for their health coverage.
- There are approximately 700 employee Associates in the AvMed family.
- Corporate headquarters in Miami. Regional offices in Fort Lauderdale, Gainesville, and Orlando; and serving the Jacksonville and Tampa markets.
- AvMed offers a variety of affordable coverage solutions for businesses of all sizes around the state of Florida, including self-funded options.*
- AvMed also provides coverage to individuals and families in select Florida markets, as well as Medicare Advantage Plans Miami-Dade and Broward counties.
- AvMed's Provider Network includes more than 35,000 physicians, specialists and hospitals across our service areas.
- AvMed is consistently recognized for service excellence, and is rated above our competitors for overall satisfaction, according to the NCQA.**
- AvMed’s holding company, Gainesville-based SantaFe HealthCare, Inc., is a family of not-for-profit companies with more than 1,900 employee Associates. In addition to AvMed, SantaFe operates Haven of North Central Florida, Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice of the Florida Keys, and the SantaFe Senior Living, offering unique, luxury campuses in Gainesville, as well as the metropolitan Miami and Naples areas.
* One or more AvMed products offered in areas shaded in yellow.
** Highest overall rating of statewide plans reporting Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and Point of Service (POS) product data to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).