CORPORATE FACTS AT A GLANCE
- AvMed is a Florida-based health plan headquartered in Miami and Gainesville.
- Members have the support of nearly 500 employee Associates and a 35,000 plus strong Provider Network.
- AvMed transforms lives to create a WELLfluent™ world – having or striving to have a truly balanced life, rich in what matters most-health and happiness. By uniting around this sole purpose over our more than 50-year history, we’re focused on servicing the needs of our Members who have made it their goal to lead a happy and healthy life.
- AvMed offers Medicare Advantage coverage in numerous counties including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Orange, Individual and Family coverage in numerous counties including Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach and Alachua, and coverage for Employer Groups (including self-funded options) in most counties across the state.
- AvMed measures its performance each year against the National Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®), developed by NCQA. AvMed’s already strong 2023 performance improved in 56% of the commercial accreditation measures and in 53% of the measures for Medicare.
- AvMed was recently acquired by Sentara Healthcare, an integrated, not-for-profit health care delivery system celebrating more than 130 years of history with 30,000 employees, 12 hospitals in Virginia and Northeastern North Carolina, and the Sentara Health Plans division serving more than 1.2 million members in Virginia and Florida.
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next. AvMed complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, or age, in its programs and activities, including in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding AvMed’s nondiscrimination policies: AvMed’s Regulatory Correspondence Coordinator, P.O. Box 569008, Miami, FL 33256, by phone 1-800-882-8633 (TTY 711), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.