CORPORATE FACTS AT A GLANCE
- AvMed is a Florida-based health plan headquartered in Miami with regional offices in Fort Lauderdale and Gainesville. Approximately 215,000 Members count on AvMed for their Employer Group, Medicare and Individual and Family plan coverage.
- Members have the support of nearly 500 employee Associates and a 35,000 plus strong Provider Network.
- AvMed transforms lives to create a WELLfluent™ world – having or striving to have a truly balanced life, rich in what matters most-health and happiness. By uniting around this sole purpose over our more than 50-year history, we’re focused on servicing the needs of our Members who have made it their goal to lead a happy and healthy life.
- AvMed offers a variety of affordable coverage solutions for businesses of all sizes in most major metropolitan areas of the state, including self-funded options.
- From 2012 - 2019, J.D. Power ranked AvMed the “Highest in Member Satisfaction” among commercial health plans in Florida*. Some of the factors measured include cost, coverage and benefits, provider choice, customer service, billing and payment as well as information and communication.
- In an annual survey of Florida physicians, AvMed consistently comes out ahead of all other plans, while 9 out of 10 say they recommend us to their patients and peers. **
- AvMed received the highest overall rating of any Commercial statewide Florida plan in the Consumer Assessment of Health Plans Study (CAHPS®).***
- AvMed measures its performance each year against the National Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®), developed by NCQA. AvMed’s already strong 2020 performance improved in 46% of the commercial accreditation measures and in 44% of the measures for Medicare.
- AvMed Medicare Star Power continues in 2022 with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) awarding AvMed Medicare 4 out of 5 stars for its quality and performance. That’s quite an accomplishment in the competitive Medicare Advantage health plan arena.
- AvMed’s holding company, Gainesville-based SantaFe HealthCare, Inc., is a family of not-for-profit companies with more than 1,900 employee Associates. In addition to AvMed, SantaFe operates Haven of North Central Florida, Visiting Nurse Association and Hospice of the Florida Keys, and SantaFe Senior Living, which offers unique, luxury campuses in Gainesville, Miami and Naples.
* AvMed received the highest score in Florida in the J.D. Power 2012-2019 U.S. Member Health Plan Studies of customers’ satisfaction with their commercial health plan. Visit jdpower.com/awards.
** Wax Communications, 2019.
*** Highest overall rating of statewide plans reporting Point of Service (POS) product data to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) for the Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS), CAHPS® is a registered trademark of the Agency of Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
HEDIS® is a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). Medicare evaluates plans based on a 5-star rating system. Star ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next. AvMed complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, disability, or age, in its programs and activities, including in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding AvMed’s nondiscrimination policies: AvMed’s Regulatory Correspondence Coordinator, P.O. Box 569008, Miami, FL 33256, by phone 1-800-882-8633 (TTY 711), or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org