Diabetes Prevention Program
Take Steps to Prevent Diabetes
You could be prediabetic and not know it. When your blood sugar levels are higher than normal, but not yet high enough to be diagnosed as diabetes, you may be considered prediabetic.
What can you do?
Early treatment as well as moderate lifestyle changes can actually return blood sugar levels to a normal range, effectively preventing or delaying type 2 diabetes. To help our prediabetic Members, AvMed partnered with Solara to provide:
- Access to a lifestyle health coach
- Small group support
- Nutritional guidance
- A Fitbit* at no cost to you
Am I eligible?
This program is offered to select AvMed Members who get their health coverage through their employer.
- Answer a few questions to prequalify
- Complete a qualifying blood test (we'll help you out!)
* For participants who complete four weeks of activity meeting Diabetes Prevention Program guidelines. Applies to select Fitbit models; limited to one per person. Solera Health reserves the right to substitute an alternate tracker.